MARION, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say the parents of an 18-month-old girl who overdosed on a painkiller twice in one week have been arrested on charges of child endangering.
Marion police Maj. Jay McDonald tells The Marion Star that the child apparently was able to find and consume Percocet pills in both cases.
Marion police were called to a hospital Sunday for a report on the toddler, who had also overdosed several days earlier. McDonald says the overdose antidote naloxone was used to save the girl after the second overdose.
Her 33-year-old father and 32-year-old mother have been jailed. The local children’s services agency also is investigating what happened.