Father, son accused of holding girl captive in Ohio basement

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a 13-year-old girl in Ohio who had been shackled in a basement for as long as a year managed to escape and run to a nearby house.

A man and his 27-year-old son were taken into custody early Thursday not long after the girl got out of the home in Toledo.

Both 53-year-old Timothy Ciboro and son Esten Ciboro are charged with kidnapping and child endangerment and are being held on $500,000 bond. Court records don’t list attorneys for them.

The head of a county children services agency says the girl is related to the two men.

It’s not clear how long she was kept in the basement or if she was ever allowed out.

Court documents say the girl told investigators she was shackled by the ankle to a support beam in the basement.

comments powered by Disqus