Authorities: Ohio teen electrocuted in experiment, dies


VERMILION, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a 15-year-old northern Ohio boy has died after he was electrocuted while allegedly attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.

The Sandusky Register (http://bit.ly/1MHWlCB ) reports that Erie County sheriff’s officials say authorities were called to the boy’s home in Vermilion Township about 6 p.m. Tuesday. Emergency crews administered treatment and took the boy to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The teenager’s name wasn’t immediately released.

Erie County deputies say the boy apparently was trying to perform an experiment called “Jacob’s Ladder” involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

Authorities say he apparently saw the experiment on YouTube and tried it in his garage.

Messages left Wednesday at the sheriff’s office weren’t immediately returned.

___

Information from: Sandusky Register, http://www.sanduskyregister.com/cgi-bin/liveique.acgi$sch=frontpage?frontpage

comments powered by Disqus