Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. HOW TRUMP UNIVERSITY’S SALES STRATEGY FORESHADOWED THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
Newly disclosed documents revealed the strategy included grand promises, boundless boasts and absolute faith in the man behind it all. Clinton leapt on the parallels to cast Trump as a “fraud.”
2. MURDER-SUICIDE DRAWS HUNDREDS OF ARMED OFFICERS TO UCLA CAMPUS
Students barricaded themselves in classrooms as best they could before being evacuated with their hands up.
3. IRAQI MILITARY’S ADVANCE INTO FALLUJAH STALLED BY FIERCE RESISTANCE FROM IS FIGHTERS
Convoys of special forces could only inch forward on the dusty southern outskirts of the city, where more than 50,000 people are believed trapped.
4. FRENCH SHIP DETECTS BLACK BOX SIGNALS FROM MISSING EGYPTAIR FLIGHT IN MEDITERRANEAN
The discovery could help guide search teams to the wreckage and the data and cockpit voice recorders, which could reveal whether a mechanical fault or a hijacking or bomb caused the disaster.
5. WHAT A MOTHER WHOSE CHILD FELL INTO A GORILLA EXHIBIT SAID IN A FRANTIC 911 CALL
The boy’s mother pleaded for help while repeatedly shouting at her son: “Be calm!”
6. OBAMA ADMINISTRATION ISSUES SODIUM GUIDELINES FOR FOOD COMPANIES
The idea behind the two-year and 10-year targets is to lower sodium levels gradually so consumers’ taste buds can adjust, and to give the industry time to develop less salty foods.
7. WHERE IMMIGRANT CHILDREN ARE MORE LIKELY TO RECEIVE ASYLUM IN THE U.S.
Data obtained by AP shows youngsters whose applications are handled by the U.S. government’s regional offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles are far more likely to win approval than those applying in Chicago or Houston.
8. WHAT SPORTS IOC LEADERS RECOMMENDED INCLUDING FOR THE 2020 OLYMPICS
The IOC executive board the proposed inclusion of baseball-softball, surfing, karate, sport climbing and skateboarding for the Tokyo Games.
10. WHY A 5-YEAR-OLD MASSACHUSETTS BOY CALLED 911
The boy reported that his father had run a red light, to the amusement of the dispatcher who let the apologetic dad off the hook.