Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHAT A NEW POLL REVEALS ABOUT US VOTERS
An Associated Press-NORC poll finds that U.S. voters feel disconnected from their political parties during this presidential contest.
2. THE LATEST ON FALLUJAH IN IRAQ
Iraq forces begin their push into Fallujah, expecting to encounter the stiffest resistance to date in the campaign to free parts of the country from the Islamic State group.
3. THE ROLE OF DATA IN THE PRESIDENTIAL RACE
Data specialists working with the Republican Party say Donald Trump trails Hillary Clinton’s campaign by months, even years, in using digital campaigning to woo voters.
4. CINCINNATI ZOO RESPONDS TO DECISION TO KILL GORILLA
A director at the zoo defended the decision to kill a gorilla named Harambe to protect a 4-year-old who had entered its exhibit.
5. ERIC HOLDER COMMENTS ON EDWARD SNOWDEN
The ex-U.S. Attorney General says the former National Security Agency contractor performed a “public service” in stoking a national debate about secret domestic surveillance programs but should still stand trial.
6. BAYLOR HIRES COACH TO REPLACE ART BRILES
The Baptist university brings on former Wake Forest coach to Jim Grobe to lead football program through a tumultuous time.
7. RISE OF DONALD TRUMP ELUDES COMPREHENSION FOR THIS SCIENTIST
Renowned physicist Stephen Hawking says he can’t understand Trump’s popularity.
8. BRAZIL ATTACK HIGHLIGHTS VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
Brazilian police investigating a gang rape possibly involving more than 30 men say they have no doubt the assault happened but tests on the 16-year-old victim were done too late to provide conclusive evidence.
9. STRIKE ENDS FOR VERIZON EMPLOYEES
Nearly 40,000 striking employees at the phone company will return to work Wednesday after reaching a tentative contract agreement.
10. HOW SEVERE WEATHER IS AFFECTING RURAL TEXAS
Residents of some southeast Texas counties brace for more flooding as a major river slowly rose above a previous record after torrential rains last week.