Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHAT MAY HAVE TRIGGERED DEADLY AMTRAK WRECK
Radio transmissions distracted the engineer whose speeding train crashed in Philadelphia last year, killing eight people, an official familiar with the investigation says.
2. WHOSE DISREGARD FOR VOTER DATA IRKS GOP LEADERS
Donald Trump says studying detailed voter data is “overrated” and he plans to continue campaigning on the strength of his personality.
3. US, ALLIES OK ARMS SALES TO LIBYAN GOV’T
The weapons shipments, which require an exemption to a U.N. arms embargo, are aimed at shoring up Libya’s fragile government and countering Islamic State advances.
4. HILLARY PROMOTES ‘2-FOR-1’ CLINTON PRESIDENCY
The Democratic front-runner says husband Bill will be “in charge of revitalizing the economy” if she wins the White House.
5. WHERE CIGARETTE TAX COULD SKYROCKET
In California, the price of a pack of smokes might hit $7.50 if a campaign is successful in convincing voters to tack on $2 more in taxes, for anti-smoking efforts and cancer research.
6. SECOND MEXICAN JUDGE APPROVES ‘EL CHAPO’ EXTRADITION
The jailed Mexican drug lord faces charges from seven U.S. federal prosecutors.
7. CANCER PATIENT RECEIVES FIRST PENIS TRANSPLANT IN US
The groundbreaking operation may eventually help accident victims and veterans maimed by roadside bombs.
8. SINEAD O’CONNOR ‘SAFE, NO LONGER CONSIDERED MISSING’
Police in suburban Chicago say the Irish singer-songwriter has been located a day after she did not return from a bike ride.
9. TOURISTS CAUSE BISON CALF’S DEMISE
Some Yellowstone visitors caught what they thought was a lost calf, but park officials later had to euthanize the newborn because the herd would not take it back.
10. TIGER WOODS SAYS HE’S ‘PROGRESSING’ AFTER BACK SURGERIES
“The plan is to get well, and whether that’s by next week or it’s a year from now, I don’t know,” says the world’s former top golfer.