Israeli military to charge soldier with manslaughter

JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli military says prosecutors have announced their intention to file a manslaughter charge against a soldier who was caught on video shooting a wounded Palestinian attacker in the head.

The soldier on Thursday appeared in a military court, where his detention was extended until Monday. The military says that prosecutors informed the court that they plan on charging the soldier with manslaughter, but are still working out some technical details before formally indicting him.

The shooting took place last month in Hebron, a West Bank city that has been a focal point of a seven-month wave of Israeli-Palestinian violence.

comments powered by Disqus