Eagle Scout Lockwood honored
OSU Alumni Club hosts incoming freshmen
New truck to make local recycling easier
Grimes Field hangars on hold
Final UHS site plan OK’d
- Eagle Scout Lockwood honored - 12:39 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:26 pm
- OSU Alumni Club hosts incoming freshmen - 11:49 am
- Wooten Automotive & Towing adds U-Haul affiliation - 11:07 am
- Improved sidewalks on the way - 10:47 pm
- Local police department receives state certification - 10:47 pm
- Graham Elementary teacher making her mark - 10:46 pm
- Gecowets wins aviation heritage award - 10:46 pm
- Accidental overdoses killed 8 daily in OH last year - 5:02 pm
- At least 12 tornadoes strike Indiana, Ohio; no bad injuries - 12:14 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:13 pm updated: 4:56 pm.
- Local businesses invited to Activities Fair at UU - 10:55 pm
- Alicia Titus Peace Run set for Sept. 10 at Urbana U. - 10:55 pm
- New truck to make local recycling easier - 10:54 pm
- What GMO labeling means for storage, distribution - 10:54 pm
- Grimes Field hangars on hold - 10:53 pm
- Book reveals missionaries’ commitment - 10:53 pm
- Champaign County jobless rate increased in July - 11:04 pm
- Urbana University welcomes Class of 2020 - 11:04 pm
- Road Work - 11:04 pm
- Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs - 11:03 pm
- Appeals court: Week of early voting shouldn’t return to Ohio - 2:44 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 2:33 pm
- Triad student collecting personal items for needy - 1:42 pm
- Schools prepare for new year - 1:30 pm
- Village to flush hydrants Aug. 26 - 11:14 pm
- Injury crash under investigation - 11:13 pm
- Street parking amended near UHS - 11:13 pm
- Mechanicsburg war hero to be recognized Saturday - 11:12 pm
- Local GOP headquarters to open Aug. 27 - 11:12 pm updated: 11:12 pm.
- Annual BOSS Run makes for fun Saturday - 11:11 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:19 pm
- Then and Now: East Main St. home, St. Paris - 11:16 pm
- Road Work - 11:16 pm
- Dogs end summer with splash - 11:15 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:03 pm updated: 2:15 pm.
- No injuries, minor damage reported in fire - 11:50 pm
- Tests, report cards already on agenda - 11:50 pm
- Reunion News - 11:50 pm
- Pets of the Week - 11:50 pm
- Memorial Health plans new medical building in Urbana - 11:50 pm
- Demolition work underway at UHS - 11:50 pm
- Literacy Foundation launches at Aug. 23 convocation - 11:49 pm
- Proud gardener - 9:21 pm
- Loyal Order of Moose honors Wilt - 5:29 pm
- Breast Friends Forever raise funds for camisoles - 12:07 pm
- Snyder sworn in as police sergeant - 9:54 pm
- WL-S board ceases student transportation fee - 9:54 pm
- Fido’s Swimfest is Sunday - 9:54 pm
- Elections board certifies Nov. ballots - 9:53 pm
At least 12 tornadoes strike Indiana, Ohio; no bad injuries
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A wave of severe storms produced at least a dozen tornadoes in Indiana and Ohio, damaging homes and businesses but causing n...
Ohio News Briefs
Ohio court: Juvenile crimes can’t enhance adult sentencesCOLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio’s Supreme Court has ruled that prior juvenile co...
Local businesses invited to Activities Fair at UU
Urbana University is inviting all area businesses and organizations to participate in the 2016 Activities Fair on Tuesday, Aug. 30, from 11 a.m. to 1 ...
Alicia Titus Peace Run set for Sept. 10 at Urbana U.
The Alicia Titus Memorial Peace Run 5K and 1 Mile Walk will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, at the Student Center at Urbana University.The Walk/...
New truck to make local recycling easier
The North Central Ohio Solid Waste District and Union Recyclers announced the purchase of a new recycling truck for use at mobile recycling access sit...
What GMO labeling means for storage, distribution
LONDON - Foods with labels indicating they were made with genetically modified ingredients are coming soon to a grocery store near you. But what are t...
Ohio State eager to get Brown on the field
COLUMBUS — Noah Brown has had more surgeries than catches in his career at Ohio State, but has earned the respect of his teammates and coaches, ...
Super Late Models at Shady Bowl Speedway
DeGRAFF - Shady Bowl Speedway will play host to the premier super late model series on Saturday when the Main Event Racing Series (MERS) makes its ann...
Urbana moves up to CBC/KTD
The Urbana High School football team returns almost every starter from last season except one – quarterback Levi Boettcher, who elected to not p...
Local runners ready to log the miles
At Urbana, Coach Mandy Parker was unable to field a girls cross country team due to lack of interest, but the boys team has eight runners.Senior Alec ...
Hillclimbers drop matches in boys golf
Urbana shot 201, Shawnee 164 and Ben Logan 172 in a recent boys golf tri-match. Juniors Taylor Armstrong and Cole Headlee led UHS with scores of 48 an...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Meghan K.F. Birt and Douglas J. Lawrence, along with their parents, announce their engagement and forthcoming marriage. The bride-to-be is the daughte...
Avary Renate RenchKimberly Behrens and Dominic Rench of Urbana announce the birth of Avary Renate Rench, born at 8:06 a.m. Aug. 3, 2016, at Memorial H...
Alexandria Lynn WaltersTonya Daniel and Devan Walters of Fairborn announce the birth of a daughter, Alexandria Lynn Walters, at 8:41 p.m. July 30, 201...
Smiths celebrate 50th
Bob and Becky Smith celebrated their 50th anniversary July 16. They were married at the Nazarene Church in Urbana on July 16, 1966, by Rev. Lester Mey...
Jennifer Mae Phillips of Powell, daughter of Caryl and Ron Phillips of Marion, and Grant Lucas Forsythe of Powell, son of Bonnie Forsythe of Urbana an...
Higher premiums likely coming
An Indiana couple who wrote to me a few weeks ago has experienced the ups and downs of Obamacare, and they wanted me to know about one downside they n...
Boomer Blog: Old endings, new beginnings – or somewhere in between
A Japanese electronics company made the world’s last VCR at the end of July. The manufacturer discontinued the big, clunky videocassette recorde...
Boomer Blog: Assorted musings, amusing and otherwise
Unbelievably, I finished my counted cross-stitch projects for the county fair two whole weeks early, unlike my typical schedule of reaching the deadli...
We count on the mail
I got the mail today.A couple of bills. A greeting card. Some catalogs. A newspaper. One package that my wife grabbed right away. (Wonder what that wa...
Reader supports Trump/Pence
After watching the Republican and Democrat conventions I have come to the conclusion that of the two evils I think “Trump and Pence makes better...