New truck to make local recycling easier
Grimes Field hangars on hold
Final UHS site plan OK’d
Street parking amended near UHS
Annual BOSS Run makes for fun Saturday
- At least 12 tornadoes strike Indiana, Ohio; no bad injuries - 12:14 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:13 pm
- Local businesses invited to Activities Fair at UU - 10:55 pm
- Alicia Titus Peace Run set for Sept. 10 at Urbana U. - 10:55 pm
- New truck to make local recycling easier - 10:54 pm
- What GMO labeling means for storage, distribution - 10:54 pm
- Grimes Field hangars on hold - 10:53 pm
- Book reveals missionaries’ commitment - 10:53 pm
- Champaign County jobless rate increased in July - 11:04 pm
- Urbana University welcomes Class of 2020 - 11:04 pm
- Road Work - 11:04 pm
- Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs - 11:03 pm
- Appeals court: Week of early voting shouldn’t return to Ohio - 2:44 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 2:33 pm
- Triad student collecting personal items for needy - 1:42 pm
- Schools prepare for new year - 1:30 pm
- Village to flush hydrants Aug. 26 - 11:14 pm
- Injury crash under investigation - 11:13 pm
- Street parking amended near UHS - 11:13 pm
- Mechanicsburg war hero to be recognized Saturday - 11:12 pm
- Local GOP headquarters to open Aug. 27 - 11:12 pm updated: 11:12 pm.
- Annual BOSS Run makes for fun Saturday - 11:11 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:19 pm
- Then and Now: East Main St. home, St. Paris - 11:16 pm
- Road Work - 11:16 pm
- Dogs end summer with splash - 11:15 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 12:03 pm updated: 2:15 pm.
- No injuries, minor damage reported in fire - 11:50 pm
- Tests, report cards already on agenda - 11:50 pm
- Reunion News - 11:50 pm
- Pets of the Week - 11:50 pm
- Memorial Health plans new medical building in Urbana - 11:50 pm
- Demolition work underway at UHS - 11:50 pm
- Literacy Foundation launches at Aug. 23 convocation - 11:49 pm
- Proud gardener - 9:21 pm
- Loyal Order of Moose honors Wilt - 5:29 pm
- Breast Friends Forever raise funds for camisoles - 12:07 pm
- Snyder sworn in as police sergeant - 9:54 pm
- WL-S board ceases student transportation fee - 9:54 pm
- Fido’s Swimfest is Sunday - 9:54 pm
- Elections board certifies Nov. ballots - 9:53 pm
- State auditor recognizes city of Urbana - 9:53 pm updated: 3:24 pm.
- Pokémon GO celebrates first month - 1:21 pm
- Commission approves UPD lieutenant promotion process - 10:41 pm
- Urbana driver cited in construction zone - 10:41 pm
- Armory for sale? - 10:41 pm
- Schools gearing up for new year - 10:41 pm
- Road Work - 10:40 pm
- M’burg board to bring on school resource officer - 10:40 pm
- A.B. Graham Center Activities - 10:40 pm
The Ohio Department of Transportation released the following information about area road work:*State Route 245 between Cox Road and state Route 296 is...
Time to collect pods to perpetuate monarchs
COLUMBUS - With the drastic decline in the population of the monarch butterfly, the Ohio Pollinator Habitat Initiative is asking the public for help i...
Appeals court: Week of early voting shouldn’t return to Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A federal appeals court on Tuesday rejected a judge’s order to restore a week of early voting in swing-state Ohio.At...
Ohio News Briefs
Underage party host sentenced for fatally shooting Ohio teenBELLEFONTAINE, Ohio (AP) — A western Ohio man who admitted that he fatally shot a te...
Triad student collecting personal items for needy
NORTH LEWISBURG – Triad Elementary fourth grader Tyana Young is helping her community by collecting personal items for those in need.Tyana was c...
Hillclimbers drop matches in boys golf
Urbana shot 201, Shawnee 164 and Ben Logan 172 in a recent boys golf tri-match. Juniors Taylor Armstrong and Cole Headlee led UHS with scores of 48 an...
Weber ready to be OSU’s No. 1 running back
COLUMBUS – The comparisons to Ezekiel Elliott and Carlos Hyde used to be heavier.So was Mike Weber.Weber, a redshirt freshman running back for O...
Peterson’s goal leads Urbana to victory
Urbana nipped West Liberty-Salem, 1-0, in non-league boys soccer on Tuesday.UHS’s goal was scored by Caleb Peterson in the 65th minute.Elias Kir...
Cardinals have a new coach
NORTH LEWISBURG – Longtime Triad football coach Payton Printz left recently to become an assistant at Minster, and it seems only appropriate tha...
Local soccer teams kick into action
The prep soccer season has begun for a couple of local teams, but a few more are set to kick off this week.At Urbana, the boys are featuring a few key...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Meghan K.F. Birt and Douglas J. Lawrence, along with their parents, announce their engagement and forthcoming marriage. The bride-to-be is the daughte...
Avary Renate RenchKimberly Behrens and Dominic Rench of Urbana announce the birth of Avary Renate Rench, born at 8:06 a.m. Aug. 3, 2016, at Memorial H...
Alexandria Lynn WaltersTonya Daniel and Devan Walters of Fairborn announce the birth of a daughter, Alexandria Lynn Walters, at 8:41 p.m. July 30, 201...
Smiths celebrate 50th
Bob and Becky Smith celebrated their 50th anniversary July 16. They were married at the Nazarene Church in Urbana on July 16, 1966, by Rev. Lester Mey...
Jennifer Mae Phillips of Powell, daughter of Caryl and Ron Phillips of Marion, and Grant Lucas Forsythe of Powell, son of Bonnie Forsythe of Urbana an...
DeRemers celebrate 40th
William and Loretta DeRemer of Urbana will celebrate their 40th anniversary Aug. 14. They were married on that date in 1976.They are the parents of Br...
Higher premiums likely coming
An Indiana couple who wrote to me a few weeks ago has experienced the ups and downs of Obamacare, and they wanted me to know about one downside they n...
Boomer Blog: Old endings, new beginnings – or somewhere in between
A Japanese electronics company made the world’s last VCR at the end of July. The manufacturer discontinued the big, clunky videocassette recorde...
Boomer Blog: Assorted musings, amusing and otherwise
Unbelievably, I finished my counted cross-stitch projects for the county fair two whole weeks early, unlike my typical schedule of reaching the deadli...
We count on the mail
I got the mail today.A couple of bills. A greeting card. Some catalogs. A newspaper. One package that my wife grabbed right away. (Wonder what that wa...
Reader supports Trump/Pence
After watching the Republican and Democrat conventions I have come to the conclusion that of the two evils I think “Trump and Pence makes better...