Shriners collecting for children’s hospitals
Then and Now: Lippincott, part 2
Colors, seasons changing at Kiser Lake
Community Christmas signups begin Monday
State of the Plate dinner
- Sheriff’s office to participate in ‘No Shave November’ - 10:45 pm
- Triad parents, community seeks answers - 10:44 pm
- Shriners collecting for children’s hospitals - 10:44 pm
- Man charged for letting minor drive - 10:44 pm
- Pausing to recover - 10:43 pm
- Then and Now: Lippincott, part 2 - 10:06 pm
- Colors, seasons changing at Kiser Lake - 10:06 pm
- Community Christmas signups begin Monday - 4:14 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 11:55 am
- Linking education with future lifestyle choices - 11:18 am
- Council approves project for Harmon Park - 11:22 pm
- WL-S facing deficits, covered by cash - 11:21 pm
- State of the Plate dinner - 11:20 pm
- Pets of the Week - 11:20 pm
- Graham to host open house - 11:19 pm
- Graham to host ‘State of Schools’ address - 11:19 pm
- GHS band ‘adopts’ student - 11:18 pm
- Author to discuss life on the homefront during WWII - 11:18 pm
- Students of the Month - 5:37 pm
- Democrats open campaign office in Champaign County - 4:53 pm
- Scout pack thanked for flag duty - 4:04 pm
- FFA News - 3:28 pm
- WL-S FFA officers attend conference - 12:28 pm
- Carry on Warren Stevens’ legacy - 10:17 pm
- Crews respond to kitchen fire - 10:16 pm
Council approves project for Harmon Park
ST. PARIS – Village council approved moving forward with a project aimed at creating more parking at Harmon Park during Monday’s regular m...
WL-S facing deficits, covered by cash
WEST LIBERTY – West Liberty-Salem Local Schools officials predict deficits in the coming years, though they should be covered by cash reserves a...
State of the Plate dinner
MECHANICSBURG - The local food movement is alive and well, in and around Champaign County. And new ways to make locally grown and produced foods a lar...
Pets of the Week
PAWS Animal Shelter (cat)Halloween is almost here, so why not adopt a cute little pumpkin and white tiger kitten? Julius has a sunny personality just ...
Graham to host open house
ST. PARIS – Graham Local Schools will host a ribbon cutting and open house for its new transportation office Oct. 25.The event will be from 5 to...
Blue Knights rally to beat Charleston
CHARLESTON, W. Va. - The Urbana University football team secured a 35-34 comeback win over Charleston on Saturday inside University of Charleston Stad...
UHS falls to Greenon, 3-2, in sectional soccer
Greenon defeated Urbana, 3-2, in the Division II boys soccer sectional on Thursday.In Division III sectional soccer games today, the WL-S boys play at...
Indians roll over Greeneview
MECHANICSBURG – The Indians were all over Greeneview from the opening kickoff Friday night, racing away to a 40-7 victory in what served as the ...
Perfection.We just love that word.Yes, we went a perfect 5-0 in our picks last week to improve to 39-5 for the season.The quest for more perfection co...
Red Devils edge Hillclimbers in 5 sets
NEW CARLISLE – Tippecanoe beat Urbana, 24-26, 25-18, 25-19, 23-25, 15-11, in the Division II volleyball sectional on Thursday.Urbana opened in p...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Sharjah Jane Vergara of Marysville, daughter of Jaime and Agnes Vergara of Marysville, and Adam Michael Alltop of Marysville, son of Cindy Dunham of U...
Kennedie Rockell CookseyThomas Cooksey and Samantha Rock of Urbana announce the birth of a daughter, Kennedie Rockell Cooksey, born at 7:18 p.m. Oct. ...
Advocates fight for their voices
PIQUA — “My Story, a Journey into Self-Advocacy,” a conference aimed at people with developmental disabilities, was held at Edison S...
Slones celebrate 65th
James and Virginia (Gibson) Slone of Urbana will celebrate their 65th anniversary Sept. 29. They were married on that date in 1951 by Rev. Stanley.The...
Louise D. Walter, formerly of Urbana, and daughter of Daniel and Cheryl Walter, Urbana, announces her engagement to Eric Winnard of Baltimore, Marylan...
Maximus Steven WolfTyler and Elizabeth Wolf of Urbana announce the birth of a son, Maximus Steven Wolf, born at 11:21 a.m. Sept. 6, 2016, at Memorial ...
Support Historical Society levy Nov. 8
Support the Champaign County Historical Society levy.We are writing in support of the Champaign County Historical Society levy. The museum has operate...
Boomer Blog: On the laps of parents
My mother never had enough lap space for all of us as she read the books we chose each day. No matter. We could hear the stories just fine, stories fr...
Our Towne M’burg looks for help, reflects on 2016
As the weather begins to turn, and the leaves begin to fall, Our Towne Mechanicsburg would like to take a moment to reflect back, and look forward, an...
Vote yes for Historical Society levy
Do you know where your past is? Maybe it’s in a shoebox that includes a worn wallet, a locket with a broken chain, and a handful of photos, some...
Vote yes to preserve history
Urbana native, the late Judge Robert Duncan, once confided that he studied the county’s history “because it’s so darned fascinating!...
Boomer Blog: The Seasons of Robert Frost
I feel fortunate to experience the beauty and sensations of four distinct times of year. As fond as I am of sunshine and warm breezes, I also need the...