Triad tops WL-S in baseball
Party nets gifts for Humane Society Serving Clark County, PAWS Animal Shelter
WL-S sweeps Mechanicsburg
Jordan gets award from Chamber, questions from town hall in Lima
- Ohio News Briefs - 1:34 pm updated: 3:26 pm.
- Driver pleads not guilty to vehicular homicide - 11:05 pm
- Woman charged with striking man with vehicle - 11:04 pm
- Basketball tourney to benefit Champaign Family YMCA and Project Woman - 11:04 pm updated: 11:13 am.
- View Story - 11:04 pm
- Reunion News - 11:04 pm
- Lehman Catholic student wins Fourth District congressional art competition - 11:02 pm
- Progress of Monument Square - 11:02 pm
- New overseer for Family and Children First Council? - 11:02 pm
- Reids celebrate 50th - 4:15 pm
- Police: Captive woman found crying in pit in neighbor’s shed - 3:29 pm
- FirstEnergy pushes for rate hike to help Ohio nuclear plants - 3:13 pm updated: 3:13 pm.
- Ohio News Briefs - 1:45 pm
- County jobless rate decreases in March - 10:52 pm
- New auto parts store to be built near Walmart - 10:51 pm
- Party nets gifts for Humane Society Serving Clark County, PAWS Animal Shelter - 10:51 pm
- Local group to host free health fair - 10:51 pm
- BREAKING NEWS: Urbana U. changes leaders; to become branch campus - 2:47 pm
- Ohio News Briefs - 1:09 pm
- WL-S board seeks resurfacing of track - 10:49 pm
- Sheriff’s Office investigates crash - 10:49 pm
- Urbana fence issue still under discussion - 10:47 pm
- Jordan gets award from Chamber, questions from town hall in Lima - 10:27 pm updated: 10:35 pm.
- Ohio News Briefs - 1:31 pm
- License revoked for driver in crash that killed Urbana School board member Warren Stevens - 10:07 pm
Reids celebrate 50th
Tom and Loraine (Arms) Reid of Urbana will celebrate their 50th anniversary April 29. They were married on that date in 1967 by the Rev. Kenneth Durts...
Police: Captive woman found crying in pit in neighbor’s shed
BLANCHESTER, Ohio (AP) — A man with mental health problems kidnapped a neighbor and kept her trapped in a small grave-like pit in his backyard s...
Ohio News Briefs
Feds: Ohio men killed 2 witnesses of drug activity, beatingCOLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The government says two Ohio men have been arrested on allegati...
County jobless rate decreases in March
Champaign County’s jobless rate decreased again in March, according to information released Tuesday by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Ser...
New auto parts store to be built near Walmart
The city of Urbana is welcoming to town a fourth national automotive retail chain after the Urbana Planning Commission on Monday approved the final si...
Printz to coach at SE; Woods steps down at Graham
Former long-time Triad football coach Payton Printz is expected to be approved as the new head coach at Southeastern High School in Clark County.Print...
UU’s Guay named MEC pitcher of the week
BRIDGEPORT, W.Va. – Shepherd’s J.J Sarty is the Mountain East Conference Player of the Week, while Urbana University’s Adam Guay is ...
WL-S sweeps Mechanicsburg
Tyler Louden threw a two-hit, one-run gem on Monday as WL-S topped Mechanicsburg, 9-1, in OHC baseball.Thomas Allen was 2 for 4 with 4 RBI for WL-S.WL...
UU baseball drops series to Fairmont St.
The Urbana University baseball team dropped both games of Monday’s doubleheader to Fairmont State, 8-1 and 11-0, at Blue Knight Field. The Fight...
Shady Bowl cancels program due to weather
DeGRAFF – Shady Bowl Speedway cancelled its Saturday night racing, as wet grounds and cold temperatures forced promoter Rick Young to cancel....
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Evanses celebrate 50th
Van and Mary Evans of Urbana celebrated their 50th anniversary April 8. They were married on that date in 1967 by the Rev. Wesley Matthews.They are th...
Jullian Reese LopezJullian Reese Lopez was born March 23, 2017, at 8:08 p.m., weighing 8 pounds, 8 ounces and measuring 21 inches, at home in San Anto...
Keaton Kenneth MarshKevin and Keri (Smail) Marsh of Toledo announce the birth of a son, Keaton Kenneth, born March 15, 2017, in Sylvania Hospital. He ...
Lukas Rolland DeanLukas Rolland Dean was born Feb. 22, 2017, at 11:01 a.m. at Memorial Hospital, Marysville, measuring 19.5 inches and weighing 8 poun...
Margaret (Maggie) Ann Grieser, daughter of Mark and Ann Grieser of St. Paris, and Zachary (Zac) Scott Reuber, son of Timothy and Valerie Reuber of St....
Boomer Blog: Spring has sprung!
Remember that rhyme we used to recite when we were kids: “Spring has sprung/the grass is riz/I wonder where the flowers is”? Nerve-grating...
All citizens entitled to fair housing
On April 11, 1968, President Lyndon Johnson signed the federal Fair Housing Act, which prohibited discrimination concerning the sale, rental and finan...
Preventing addiction by stopping overprescribing
Look at your watch. In the next hour, five Americans will die of a drug overdose.I’ve been working on the issue of drug abuse prevention for mor...
NAMI of Logan and Champaign Counties hold Mental Illness Awareness Walk
Each year millions of Americans face the reality of living with a mental health condition. One in 5 Americans will be affected by a mental health cond...
Veterans should be our priority
It’s our duty to ensure that when the men and women in uniform who sacrifice so much for our nation return home, they and their families have th...
Boomer Blog: Necessity and paradise
I belatedly realized that last week was National Library Week after my Urbana sister made passing reference to family photographs taken for the UDC al...